Meet our Practitioners
Therapy Sessions: Relaxation, Healing, and Clarity
Renting Options for Holistic Practitioners
1. Carol Layton: Tarot readings, Tea Leaf Readings, Reiki, Reflexology, Auriculotherapy (Ear Reflexology) I opened this Center in January 2003. I had researched many spiritual subjects previous but my first official training was in Energy Balancing 2002 which then lead to Reflexology certification 2005 and three levels of Reiki training completed 2006. I have participated in many workshops including pendulum studies, crystal therapies, chakra understanding, herb knowledge, intuitive/spiritual and further energy balancing modalities too many to mention. I enjoy this adventure of what I am creating and the so many people that I have the opportunity to share with. Here is my place … I invite you to our shop and to participate in activities that attract you.
Administrator of Nan’s Rock Shop and Spiritual Center.
2. Paul Gregory: Drumming Healing Circles, Clearing, Sound Healing Using A Drum The Drum connects us to the rhythm and vibration of the Earth; the “heartbeat’ of Mother Earth. For humans the first sound we ever hear is our own mother’s heartbeat while in the womb, which is the same frequency as the rhythm of the Earth. A drumbeat of about 4 beats per second is the frequency of our own, as well as the Earth’s, heartbeats, and is a primal healing sound energy for humans. This sound resonates deep within us all, and can give rise to feelings of love, peace, warmth, acceptance, being nurtured, and being nourished. These feelings when brought up can bring a great healing to us. Drumming, for me, is both gentle and soothing taking us into a calm meditative state where we can enter the Spirit World and ask for healing. Sound vibrations and frequencies are also great healing energies, and can invoke feelings of joy, playfulness, peace, and love. Combining the healing power of both sound and drumming can be a powerful healing method. The drumming sound connects to the healing matrix of our bodies. This is the power of our bodies to self-heal if they have not been abused too much. Things such as stress, fatigue, addictions, etc. are abuses of our bodies and can inhibit or even shut down this self-healing. However, a sound healing using a drum can reawaken and unblock our healing matrixes so we can begin to heal. This healing method can help you heal on all levels; physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I feel that healing is an ongoing process, and to enjoy the full benefits of a sound healing you will most likely need to have a sound healing fairly regularly. I wish to offer this service to anyone who is interested; an offering of $25.00 is requested, thank you.
Written May 2013: Hello All My Relations. I volunteer at the Rock Shop on Wednesday’s from 10:00 AM – 1:15 PM, and work with the energies of the Earth, including many Shamanic Principles. I also offer Sound Healing Sessions using my drum, space clearing, and long distance healing after an initial phone chat or one-on-one consultation at the Center. People often ask me what “Shamanism” is. Shamanism is not a religion, but a way of living life by consciously communicating directly with beings in “non-ordinary reality”, or the spirit world. Shamanism is an ancient practice done by journeying to the beat of a drum or rattle, to consciously visit a spiritual teacher in non-ordinary reality. Then to develop an intimate relationship with that teacher for guidance, wisdom, and knowledge to help heal others for the highest good of all. This practice may also include a combination of smudging, herbalism, crystal therapy, chanting/singing, movement / dancing, and the energies of animals and Nature. www.weatherspirits.yolasite.com
3. Elizabeth Cushing: Reiki, Raindrop Therapy (back massage with essential oils), Ionic Foot Bath) Elizabeth works in Nan’s Rock Shop every Thursday afternoon. We find her personality to be very cheerful, enthusiastic, honest, and compassionate. She brings this to her Reiki practice. To first walk in is to be greeted warmly and the Reiki procedure to be explained in a way that is easy to understand. She then measures my chakras (body energy centers) to help me identify where I need extra support, and healing crystals (crystal therapy) were placed accordingly which helped me to immediately relax. She then gently guided me to imagine a nature scene of tall ancient hardwoods, a soft windy path, gentle breezes and sounds of the sea in the background. I then go deeper into relaxation. She then begins the Reiki by placing her hands on my shoulders, and gradually down my body ending at my feet. I feel warmth fill my body, sometimes a release of energy that leaves like a mini power surge exiting out my feet. I surrender and trust the gentleness of this procedure, at one time even falling off to sleep. Other times so relaxed, my breathing very slow and deep. I live a very busy life, lots of circles where I put my energy, and I can get worn out and emotionally drained. I have had many Reiki sessions from different practitioners, it is a practice that I benefit from and return to in times of trouble whether it be physically or emotionally. I enjoyed her confidence, gentle way, and with a touch of experience and knowing. To experience a Reiki session with Elizabeth to me is to experience warmth, comfort and peace. I highly recommend Elizabeth and I am honored to have her work with us at Nan’s Rock Shop & Spiritual Center. Much Gratitude! Five stars!
Written May 2013: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR & A HALF MAKE! From not knowing much about Reiki & Holistic Healing, I have achieved Reiki Master/Teacher certification, with a full time healing room of my own at this Center. I also offer crystal energy & chakra clearing; Raindrop Therapy (back massage with essential oils); Ionic Foot Detox & Foot Spa with Reflexology based foot massage! I also volunteer in the shop on Thursday and enjoy all the people I meet. Life has more meaning as I give thanks and gratitude every day. Much appreciation to loyal clients and new friends. www.elizabethcushing.yolasite.com
4. Margo Andrews : Reflexology, Reiki, Tea Leaf Readings, Ionic Foot Bath. Margo began her work with us as a volunteer over two years ago. She has been like a sponge taking in knowledge ever since. She now is certified in Reflexology training, has taken Reiki level 2, joined in everything going on including Tea Leaf Reading, Dowsing (pendulum work), Meditation Studies, Drumming Circles, Tarot Cards, Crystal Healing, Auriculotherapy etc. She has jumped into this Holistic field with both feet! She has been my “second man” in running this Center and everything that we offer. I find her to be a honest, compassionate, wise, and caring person. Her Tea Leaf Readings are thoughtful and reassuring as we walk into what can be confusing times. I have received several Reflexology sessions from her and enjoy her firm and healing touch. She specializes in pain relief: including headaches, back pain, old injuries etc; or helping to settle anxiety and tension (before it manifests into physical problems). Her Reiki sessions are quiet, genuine, and uplifting. I highly recommend her, five stars! Visit Margo in the Rock Shop on Fridays.
More information click on: Margo Andrews Contact her through the Center or email personally: email@example.com
5. Honour Tett: Registered Massage Therapist. (presently has a full clientele).
6 Brenda Hogg (Nan): Part time in the shop. Nan is my Mom whom I dearly love and so enjoy having her share in this Center that we have created. She and I have partnered in the Rock Shop. She loves to talk her crystals, and has been helpful in you understanding your crystal choices, with a touch of crystal therapy to go home with. She offers a free agate crystal to everyone visiting us for the first time. Agate being the crystal of brotherhood and generosity. She loves to share our shop and offers an open invitation to see all we have collected. Rock with Nan and what she now shares with us! She is in the shop every Tuesday.
Spaces available to rent
We offer opportunities to be involved in a team atmosphere of Holistic Practices under an umbrella of Nan’s Rock Shop & Spiritual Center.
We all can share and support each other in business and growth opportunities.
This is beneficial to those starting a practice, supporting an existing practice, or expanding practice.
1. Occasional renting: Book your therapy room at your convenience. Costs: $30.00 half day, full day at $40.00. Rooms fully furnished including: massage table, table and two chairs, and bathroom facilities. Book when needed, you are responsible for all your own bookings and advertising.
2. Renting space for workshops and/or booking sessions where Nan is responsible for registration and collecting monies: 30% of all fees to Nan’s Rock Shop.
3. Practitioner’s Orientation Package: You get advertised as part of our team: including website, newsletter, placing cards and flyers in the shop, hosting social events, etc. Included you have use of a therapy room for one full day a week on a specific day of your choice (furnished room includes massage table, and table & chairs). Nan’s Rock Shop will take your phone messages. Cost $160.00 per month. Additional days cost $40.00 extra per day.
4. Single Room Package: Benefits include the same as #2. The room is solely yours. Option of having a lock and key to the door. Cost $500.00 per month.
Renting Social room is $50.00 for the day.
(Day length includes minimum of 3 hours – maximum 8 hours).
Meditation Circles, Meet & Greets, drumming circles, etc where there is a door charge: monies will be split equally between the facilitator and the Center.